Thursday 5 March 2015

WIP: Space Wolves Wolf Guard terminators (a third recruit)


A while ago I posted about the Wolf Guard terminator unit I'm working on. I finished the first two right at the end of last year. I started this guy around about the same time, just as I was finishing the others, but he hasn't seen much movement since. The bulk of the work was completed during the holiday season, but then I got distracted by an Imperial Knight and some Blood Angels. I feel a little bad for the poor guy for being neglected so I should probably finish him. He's been on my desk for a few months now so I picked him up again the other night.

The main body, arms, etc. are all done. He really just has his shoulder pads and head to do. In the picture above, one of the shoulder pads is mostly done. That one (and his torso actually) is a leftover from the Forge World conversion kit. I've had it for a while from a previous attempt at a similar squad (before the current Wolf Guard boxed set was available and when I was a much worse painter) but decided to use what I had left on this unit.

I've also basecoated the faces of the two heads with Bugman's Glow. Both of these will be used in the full squad. I still have two more members to paint to get it up to a five man squad, but it's 'game legal' at three, not that I'm likely to game with them. I haven't decided which head I'll use yet. I'll decide when they're painted. Hopefully that'll motivate me to paint the last two as well. Watch this space.

Oh, and in case you haven't noticed, I have a thing for chevrons on certain weapon types at the moment. It's a throwback to the early nineties when it tended to be quite common on space marines, especially the Ultramarines that Games Workshops 'Eavy Metal team used to paint. I expect you'll see more of that...

No comments :

Post a Comment