Tuesday 17 March 2015

WIP: Skaven warlord (pre-highlights)

Getting closer...
Greetings, man-thing! The skaven warlord is getting very close to being finished now. Most of the areas have been basecoated and shaded. A few, like the skin, have also been finished. What's needed now are highlights. I need to highlight the armour, metal, leather and wood, as well as a few details like the skull hanging from the banner pole. With those done, there's just one more big section to do before I finish off his base and get him on the shelf, ready to lead my currently non-existent skaven army to battle...

The other big section I still haven't done anything with yet is the banner. I think I'd like to try and inject another colour into the model with this. My instinct is to use green. Green is a great complementary colour to red. They sit opposite each other on the colour wheel and work really well together. Aside from the skin tones, the rest of my non-metallic palette for my skaven is fairly neutral: greys and browns. It needs those more vivid colours to bring it to life.

After that, of course, he'll need a name. No self-respecting warlord could ascend the ranks of a race as devious and treacherous as the skaven without a suitably malevolent name. I think I'll call him Itch Skratchkill. I look forward to having him finished soon.

Unfortunately, Itch here represents the entirity of my weekend's painting, so I expect to have very little to update you with this week. With that in mind, barring any spare evenings I may find, I'll likely take a few days out and hopefully come back next week with a little more to show and tell.

No comments :

Post a Comment