Monday 30 March 2015

WIP: Blood Angels Baal predator (metals)






Moving on from my last post, I've now done the metal work on the main hull of my tank. This is a simple but time-consuming part that involves going around the whole tank and picking out the metal areas. I use three colours (Leadbelcher, Nuln Oil and Runefang Steel, the latter applied sparingly as a highlight).

With this done, the bulk of the chassis is finished. There are still some details to paint, like the targeting scanner on top of the hull and the ornaments on the front and back, but I'll get to those shortly. After that, I just need to paint the other components (the turret and side sponsons) before I weather the thing.





The tracks are a work in progress. I've basecoated and washed them already. I'll cut them off their sprues and fix them to the tank before I highlight them as I'll have some tidying up to do where they were cut away.

I hope that in my next update I'll have a little more to show you. At the very least I'd like to see the side sponsons in place.

No comments :

Post a Comment