Thursday 22 January 2015

WIP: Space Wolf Grey Hunters

Warhammer 40,000: Space Wolf Grey Hunter pack leader
So, I've started my Grey Hunters. The model featured above represents the first finished model for the unit. He's the pack leader for what will (initially) be a squad of five. He's not competition standard by any means, but my goal isn't to produce lots of individual masterpieces. I just want a small army of them to display on the shelf. I think he's a good starting point.

Detail of the sword. I'm quite proud of that bit.


My target with my Space Wolves this year isn't particularly high. I'd like to paint the models I got in the Stormclaw boxed set. That means five Wolf Guard terminators, five Blood Claws and five Grey Hunters. There's a character from the set too, Krom Dragongaze, but I'm not worried about painting him (at least not yet). In addition, I have some Fenrisian wolves I'll add to the mix for some extra flavour. I like armies that tie in to a strong narrative background. All in all, it's about twenty models, and four of those are already done. It's not a lofty goal, but with all the other things I work on, it's better if it's not. It makes it more achievable, which in turn means I'm more likely to stick to it.

Any words of encouragement or suggestions of how to stay focused would be welcome!

No comments :

Post a Comment