Monday 12 January 2015

SHOWCASE: Gretchin

Some time last year, Games Workshop released a boxed set called Stormclaw. The set was part of a campaign series and was the first of a new format: a limited availability set containing two armies, a mini Warhammer 40,000 rulebook and a campaign booklet. The two armies were Space Wolves and Orks. Included among the orks were a unit of gretchin. This represents the first half.

I've had an interest in collecting Space Wolves for a while. I had an army of them in 2000 when their updated Codex was updated during the third edition of Warhammer 40,000. I wanted an updated force with the new and improved models. They're actually one of my priorities for this year. I also used to collect orks but while I still have a passing interest in them, I'm less keen on building another army. Nevertheless, the chance to get units for both at a discounted rate was too good to pass up, hence why I bought Stormclaw.

This is the first half of the gretchin squad that came in the box. I'm sure I'll get around to the other half at some point, but for now I thought I'd show these ones off.

No comments :

Post a Comment