Wednesday 14 January 2015

SHOWCASE: Imperial Fists contemptor dreadnought

Horus Heresy: Imperial Fists contemptor dreadnought
This is a contemptor dreadnought from Games Workshop's Forge World offshoot. It's one of the first models completed for the 'Horus Heresy' era Imperial Fists army I'll be working on as one of my major projects this year. If all goes to plan, you can expect to see lots of men in yellow armour in the coming months. Consider this a taster.



It was actually quite a fast paint job. I completed most of it in about a day, with just some finishing off later. I'm really pleased with how the weathering worked out too. It's two colours (Dryad Bark and Leadbelcher) applied to the edges of the armour panels with a sponge, especially around the lower legs and feet and areas where the machine is most likely to take damage. I've used a few weathering powders too, though sparingly and focused on the metallic regions. It's also the first model in years I've used transfers on. The idea of painting an Imperial Fists emblem consistently using freehand was too intimidating. The transfers were applied on the legs before they were weathered to blend them in.

I have another contemptor dreadnought to paint for this army. The next one, only recently released by Forge World, has pre-sculpted Imperial Fists iconography. I'll post pictures of that one when it's done too, but that's a way off. In the meantime, I hope you like this one... and the colour yellow more generally!

No comments :

Post a Comment