Thursday 8 January 2015

SHOWCASE: Skaven rat ogre


Warhammer: Skaven rat ogre
To get the ball rolling on the blog, I thought I'd showcase a few of the models I've painted previously. As I won't have daily updates to add, I'd like to get some content on the blog early on to make it less sparse. I'm starting with this: a Skaven rat ogre from the Warhammer range.

This particular example is from the Island of Blood starter set that included modest starter armies for both Skaven and High Elves. It's one of two included in the set. I have the other based and undercoated but have yet to paint it. Of the more than two hundred Skaven in my collection, this represents one of just three I've actually got around to painting. The rest await a suitably rainy day and some free space on my desk where the other projects have cleared.

I painted this model on a whim about six months ago. It took approximately one afternoon and was mostly done with dry-brushing and washes, with just a few more careful basecoats or details added during the process. It was intended as a test piece to see if I could come up with some techniques that I could use for batch painting a number of models at once. The idea is that whatever I could come up with could be applied to the (daunting) massed ranks of clanrats I've yet to bring myself paint. Despite the short time taken, I'm actually quite pleased with how it turned out.

I hope you'll forgive the poor quality of the photograph. It's taken in my study on my iPhone and then cut out in Photoshop. If this blog goes well, I'll look into getting a decent camera at some point!

No comments :

Post a Comment