Monday 11 May 2015

WIP: Armillus Dynat #3

Progress so far
After spraying this a while ago, I've at last been able to spend the best part of a day on my Armillus Dynat model. This is an unusual project for me for a couple of reasons: firstly I've never painted anything for the Alpha Legion before; and secondly I've never used the core techniques I'm using on it before either.

As you may have seen in my previous post on this model, I used a metallic basecoat as a starting point. Over this, I've applied a mix of blue and green glazes, using an airbrush to achieve the metallic armour effect. Having never done this before, I didn't know what to expect. I admit I was initially dubious about the result until I was able to apply a final glaze of blue (with a brush) over the whole thing, which doubled as a recess shade too. I'm the first to admit that it's not perfect, but for a first attempt, I'm now quite pleased with it.

The picture above shows where I'm up to now. I'm currently picking out the details with a brush. Most of the metal and gold work is done. I've picked out the scales on his armour in green. The cloth hanging from his waist has been basecoated in black, but still needs highlighting. The cloak behind him hasn't been touched yet and still has the overspray from my airbrushing. Eventually that will be white. I need to pick out some of the sculpted icons on his chest, shoulder and knee pad in white too. I estimate I have another couple of hours to spend on this main part but I'm happy with my progress so far.

I haven't touched his base or his head yet. I'll get to those next. I hope to have this model finished soon.

No comments :

Post a Comment