Monday 9 February 2015

SHOWCASE: Imperial Fists apothecary (Heresy-era)

Horus Heresy: Imperial Fists apothecary
Just a quick post to start the week. As previously mentioned, my updates are likely to slow down a little now I'm settling into the year. Since I do most of my painting over the course of an afternoon or two at the weekends, there's only so much I'll have to write about from one week to the next. At the moment I'm still working on my Imperial Fists along with my other projects. This model is an apothecary: a field medic whose job it is to treat the wounded and, in the worst cases, see that the injured find peace and the dead are suitably harvested.

This one is painted in the Imperial Fists colours: bright yellow for the most part. Many apothecaries in space marine armies and legions tend to sport white armour. This one bears the white on the cloth that hangs from his waist. I admit I'd painted most of the model before I remembered there should be a little more white on him, but I think it turned out pretty well on the whole. At some point I may decide to add a few extra white panels to his armour (knee/elbow pads, for example) to help him stand out. For now though, he's equipped and ready to defend the Emperor during the Horus Heresy.

No comments :

Post a Comment